Location: Columbia, South Carolina
Type: Full Time
4 Year Degree
Boutique firm practicing in estate planning and administration, trust administration, estate litigation, guardianship and conservatorship litigation, and tax.
Position is heavy part-time (25-35 hours per week) or full-time depending on the candidate’s preference and qualifications. Compensation commensurate with experience.
Position combines the role of estate planning paralegal and front office manager.
Paralegal job duties, include, but are not limited to:
- Email questionnaires to potential estate planning clients.
- Assist with drafting estate planning documents.
- Mail and email draft documents to clients.
- Follow-up with clients for questions and revisions and schedule execution meetings.
- Meet with clients to execute their estate planning documents.
- Prepare physical and electronic estate planning binders for clients.
- File Powers of Attorney with County ROD office.
- Organize client files and open new matters.
- Assist litigation paralegal and attorneys as necessary.
Office Manager job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Manage the Outlook calendar for two attorneys – schedule phone calls, meetings, and company holidays.
- Answer incoming calls, respond to client inquiries, and screen potential clients.
- Greet clients.
- Onboard new hires.
- Keep Contacts up to date in Outlook.
- Maintain Client Matter list.
- Liaison with IT provider.
- Liaison with building security and building management.
- Liaison with public relations firm.
- Payroll assistance for hourly employees (bi-monthly).
- Pay invoices to firm from third-party vendors.
- Oversee and order office supplies.
- Oversee and stock breakroom, including shopping for or ordering snacks and drinks.
- Scan various correspondence and attorney notes, etc.
- Check and distribute mail.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Requirements and skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/university and/or a paralegal degree or certification is preferred.
- Experience in a law firm is preferred but not required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat required.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Successful candidate will be required to become a Notary Public, if not already.